In this 3-day course, participants will identify PC components, work with files and folders, and conduct basic software installations. This course will provide participants with the fundamental skills and concepts required to maintain, support, and work efficiently with personal computers.
This is an introductory course and requires only basic Windows end-user skills.
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for individuals who are considered a career in information technology (IT) and who might be planning to pursue CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification, CompTIA A+ certification or other similar certifications.
- Identify Types of Computing Devices
- Identify Internal Computer Components
- Common Computer Connector Types
- Identify Common Peripheral Devices
- Compare Functions and Features of Common Operating Systems
- Identify Application Software
- Connect Hardware
- Install and Configure Operating Systems
- Install and Configure Applications
- Configure Accessibility Options
- Network Connection Types
- Install and Configure a SOHO Router
- Network and Alternative Technologies
- Sharing and Storage Methods
- Create Files
- Navigate a File Structure
- Manage Files and Folders
- Compress and Extract Files
- Create Screen Captures
- Configure Wireless Devices
- Use Wireless Devices
- Identify Security Threats
- Apply Security Best Practices
- Perform Secure Web Browsing
- Environmental and Safety Concepts
- Back Up and Restore Data
- Manage Software
- Implement Basic Support Measures