This two-day instructor-led course is intended for SharePoint Site Owners and Content Owners. In this course, students learn how to configure and use SharePoint’s library content management features.
Participants who wish to take up this course should meet the following prerequisites:
- Attended a SharePoint Site Owners class or have strong SharePoint Site Owner/ Site Collection Administrator experience.
- Knowledge of their business requirements for content, records and governance.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for SharePoint end users, SharePoint Site Owners and Power, SharePoint administrators and developers and SharePoint Governance Team members.
- SharePoint’s Content Management Features
- SharePoint Security
- Sharing SharePoint Content
- SharePoint Sync
Lab: SharePoint Security and Sync Configuration
- Content Approval
- Check Out/In
- Ratings and Likes
- Column and Item Validation Settings
- RSS and Incoming Email
Lab: Library Configuration
- Who Creates and Manages Your Taxonomy?
- Using Metadata
- The Managed Metadata Service
- Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings
Lab: Metadata and Taxonomy
- Working with Site Columns and Content Types
- Site Columns
- Content Types
- The Content Type Hub
Lab: Site Columns and Content Types
- Information Management Policy Settings
- Creating a Site Collection Policy template
- Configuring Document Retention
- Configuring Document Auditing
- Creating Policies for a Content Type
- Using List and Document Activity Reports
Lab: Auditing and Retention Policies
- Document Sets
- The Content Organizer
Lab: Organizing Content
- SharePoint’s Automation Tools: Alerts, Policies, Workflows and Flow
- The Out of the Box Workflows
- SharePoint Designer Workflows
Lab: Library Automation
- In Place Records Management
- The Records Center
Lab: Records Management
- Tips for Searching Library Content
- From Site Column to Managed Property
- The Search Schema
- Improving the Search Experience
Lab: Search Optimization for Libraries