The Managing Microsoft Teams course is designed for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft 365 Teams Admin role. Microsoft Teams admins configure, deploy, and manage Office 365 workloads for Microsoft Teams that focus on efficient and effective collaboration and communication in an enterprise environment.
This course covers six central elements – Microsoft Teams overview, implementing governance, security and compliance for Microsoft Teams, preparing the environment for a Microsoft Teams deployment, deploying and managing teams, managing collaboration and managing communication in Microsoft Teams.
In Microsoft Teams overview, you will get an overview of Microsoft Teams including Teams architecture and related Office 365 workloads. You will be provided an overview of security and compliance in Microsoft Teams and finally get an overview of how to manage Microsoft Teams. In implementing governance, security and compliance for Microsoft Teams, you will plan and configure governance for Office 365 groups including expiration and naming policies. Then you will implement security by configuring conditional access, MFA or Threat Management for Microsoft Teams. Finally, you will implement compliance for Teams by using DLP policies, eDiscovery cases or supervision policies.
In preparing the environment for a Microsoft Teams deployment, you plan an upgrade from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams by evaluating upgrade paths with coexistence and upgrade modes, manage meeting migrations and configuring coexistence and upgrade settings. Then you plan and configure network settings for Microsoft Teams, and finally you will deploy and manage Microsoft Teams endpoints. In deploying and managing teams, you will learn how to create and manage teams, manage membership and access for both, internal and external users.
In managing collaboration in Microsoft Teams, you will manage chat and collaboration experiences such as team settings or private channel creation policies. Finally, you will manage settings for Teams apps such as app setup policies, Apps, bots & connectors in Microsoft Teams or publish a custom app in Microsoft Teams. This course concludes with managing communication in Microsoft Teams. You will learn how to manage Live event and meetings experiences, manage phone numbers or Phone System for Microsoft Teams and finally how to troubleshoot audio, video, and client issues.
- A proficient understanding of basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services.
- A proficient understanding of general IT practices, including using PowerShell.
Who Should Attend?
Students in this course are interested in Microsoft Teams or in passing the Microsoft Teams Administrator Associate certification exam.
- Overview of Microsoft Teams
- Overview of security and compliance in Microsoft Teams
- Overview of managing Microsoft Teams
Lab: Manage roles and create teams
- Implement Governance and Lifecycle Management for Microsoft Teams
- Implementing Security for Microsoft Teams
- Implementing Compliance for Microsoft Team
Lab: Configure Security and Compliance for teams and content
- Upgrade from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams
- Plan and configure network settings for Microsoft Teams
- Deploy and Manage Microsoft Teams endpoints
Lab: Environment preparation for Teams
- Create and manage teams
- Manage membership
- Manage access for external users
Lab: Manage teams
- Manage chat and collaboration experiences
- Manage settings for Team apps
Lab: Modify collaboration settings for Teams
- Manage Live event and meetings experiences
- Manage phone numbers
- Manage Phone System for Microsoft Teams
- Troubleshoot audio, video, and client issues
Lab: Modify communication settings for Teams