Building applications and solutions with Microsoft 365 core services course is designed for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft Teams Application Developer role. In this course, students will learn how to build collaboration solutions leveraging 4 central elements of Microsoft 365 platform: implementing Microsoft identity, working with Microsoft Graph, extending and customizing SharePoint, and building applications for Microsoft Teams. In Implement Microsoft Identity, students will learn to implement Microsoft identity including registering an application, implementing authentication, configuring permissions to consume an API, and creating a service to access Microsoft Graph. In Work with Microsoft Graph, students will learn how to access user data, explore query parameters, manage a group lifecycle, access files, and optimize network traffic using Microsoft Graph.
Before attending this course, students should have:
- 1-2 years experience as a developer. This course assumes students know how to code and have a basic understanding of REST APIs, JSON, OAuth2, OData, OpenID Connect, Microsoft identities including Azure AD and Microsoft accounts, Azure AD B2C, and permission/consent concepts.
- It is recommended that students have some experience developing solutions on Microsoft Teams and/or SharePoint Framework through all phases of software development.
Who Should Attend?
Students in this course are interested in Microsoft 365 development platform or in passing the Microsoft 365 Developer Associate certification exam. Students should also have 1-2 years experience as a developer. This course assumes students know how to code and have a basic understanding of REST APIs, JSON, OAuth2, OData, OpenID Connect, Microsoft identities including Azure AD and Microsoft accounts, Azure AD B2C, and permission/consent concepts.
- Getting Started with Microsoft Identity
- Application types in Microsoft identity
- Permissions and Consent Framework
- Secure custom APIs with Microsoft Identity
- Work with users, groups, and roles in custom apps and APIs
Lab: Implement Microsoft Identity
- Optimize data usage with query parameters
- Optimize network traffic with Microsoft Graph
- Access user data from Microsoft Graph
- Manage Group lifecycle with Microsoft Graph
- Access Files with Microsoft Graph
- Use change notifications and track changes with Microsoft Graph
Lab: Build apps with Microsoft Graph
- Introduction to customizing and extending SharePoint
- Introduction to Office client customization with add-ins
Lab: Extend Microsoft 365
- Overview of building apps for Microsoft Teams
- Task-oriented interactions with messaging extensions
- Tabs in Microsoft Teams
- Create interactive conversational bots
- Collect input with task modules
- Webhooks in Microsoft Teams
- The Microsoft Graph teamwork endpoint
- Authentication and single sign-on in Microsoft Teams
- Deploy your Microsoft Teams app
Lab: Develop apps for Microsoft Teams