In this course, students will gain foundational knowledge of core data concepts and related Microsoft Azure data services. Students will learn about core data concepts such as relational, non-relational, big data, and analytics, and build their foundational knowledge of cloud data services within Microsoft Azure. Students will explore fundamental relational data concepts and relational database services in Azure. They will explore Azure storage for non-relational data and the fundamentals of Azure Cosmos DB. Students will learn about large-scale data warehousing, real-time analytics, and data visualization.
Prerequisite certification is not required before taking this course. Successful Azure Data Fundamentals students start with some basic awareness of computing and Internet concepts, and an interest in extracting insights from data.
- Experience using a web browser, such as Microsoft Edge.
- Familiarity with basic data-related concepts, such as working with tables of data in a spreadsheet and visualizing data using charts.
- A willingness to learn through hands-on exploration.
Who Should Attend?
The audience for this course is individuals who want to learn the fundamentals of database concepts in a cloud environment, get basic skilling in cloud data services, and build their foundational knowledge of cloud data services within Microsoft Azure.
- Identify data formats
- Explore file storage
- Explore databases
- Explore transactional data processing
- Explore analytical data processing
- Explore job roles in the world of data
- Identify data services
- Understand relational data
- Understand normalization
- Explore SQL
- Describe database objects
- Describe Azure SQL services and capabilities
- Describe Azure services for open-source databases
- Exercise: Explore Azure relational database services
- Explore Azure blob storage
- Explore Azure DataLake Storage Gen2
- Explore Azure Files
- Explore Azure Tables
- Exercise: Explore Azure Storage
- Describe Azure Cosmos DB
- Identify Azure Cosmos DB APIs
- Exercise: Explore Azure Cosmos DB
- Describe data warehousing architecture
- Explore data ingestion pipelines
- Explore analytical data stores
- Exercise: Explore data analytics in Azure with Azure Synapse Analytics
- Understand batch and stream processing
- Explore common elements of stream processing architecture
- Explore Azure Stream Analytics
- Exercise: Explore Azure Stream Analytics
- Explore Apache Spark on Microsoft Azure
- Exercise: Explore Spark Streaming in Azure Synapse Analytics
- Explore Azure Data Explorer
- Exercise: Explore Azure Synapse Data Explorer
- Describe Power BI tools and workflow
- Describe core concepts of data modelling
- Describe considerations for data visualization
- Exercise – Explore fundamentals of data visualization with Power BI