DA-100 Analyzing Data with Power BI
This course will discuss the various methods and best practices that are in line with business and technical requirements for modeling, visualizing, and analyzing data with Power BI. The course will also show how to access and process data from a range of data sources including both relational and non-relational data. This course will also explore how to implement proper security standards and policies across the Power BI spectrum including datasets and groups. The course will also discuss how to manage and deploy reports and dashboards for sharing and content distribution. Finally, this course will show how to build paginated reports within the Power BI service and publish them to a workspace for inclusion within Power BI.
Successful Data Analysts start this role with experience of working with data in the cloud.
- Understanding core data concepts.
- Knowledge of working with relational data in the cloud.
- Knowledge of working with non-relational data in the cloud.
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization concepts.
Who Should Attend?
The audience for this course are data professionals and business intelligence professionals who want to learn how to accurately perform data analysis using Power BI. This course is also targeted toward those individuals who develop reports that visualize data from the data platform technologies that exist on both in the cloud and on-premises.
- Data Analytics and Microsoft
- Getting Started with Power BI
Lab : Getting Started
- Get data from various data sources
- Optimize performance
- Resolve data errors
Lab : Preparing Data in Power BI Desktop
- Data shaping
- Enhance the data structure
- Data Profiling
Lab : Transforming and Loading Data
- Introduction to data modeling
- Working with tables
- Dimensions and Hierarchies
Lab : Data Modeling in Power BI Desktop
Lab : Advanced Data Modeling in Power BI Desktop
- Introduction to DAX
- DAX context
- Advanced DAX
Lab : Introduction to DAX in Power BI Desktop
Lab : Advanced DAX in Power BI Desktop
- Optimze the model for performance
- Optimize DirectQuery Models
- Create and manage Aggregations
- Design a report
- Enhance the report
Lab: Designing a report in Power BI
Lab: Enhancing Power BI reports with interaction and formatting
- Create a Dashboard
- Real-time Dashboards
- Enhance a Dashboard
Lab : Designing a report in Power BI Desktop – Part 1
- Paginated report overview
- Create Paginated reports
Lab: Creating a Paginated report
- Advanced Analytics
- Data Insights through AI visuals
Lab: Data Analysis in Power BI Desktop
- Creating Workspaces
- Sharing and Managing Assets
Lab : Publishing and Sharing Power BI Content
- Security in Power BI