AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator
This course teaches IT Professionals how to manage their Azure subscriptions, secure identities, administer the infrastructure, configure virtual networking, connect Azure and on-premises sites, manage network traffic, implement storage solutions, create and scale virtual machines, implement web apps and containers, back up and share data, and monitor your solution.
Successful Azure Administrators start this role with experience in virtualization, networking, identity, and storage.
- Understanding on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding network configurations, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding Active Directory concepts, including users, groups, and role-based access control.
- Understanding resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for Azure Administrators. The Azure Administrator implements, manages, and monitors identity, governance, storage, compute, and virtual networks in a cloud environment. The Azure Administrator will provision, size, monitor, and adjust resources as appropriate.
- Azure Active Directory
- Users and Groups
Lab: Manage Azure Active Directory Identities
- Subscriptions and Accounts
- Azure Policy
- Role-based Access Control (RBAC)
Lab: Manage Subscriptions and RBAC
Lab: Manage Governance via Azure Policy
- Azure Resource Manager
- Azure Administrator Tools
- ARM Templates
Lab: Manage Azure resources by Using ARM Templates
Lab: Manage Azure resources by Using Azure PowerShell (optional)
Lab: Manage Azure resources by Using Azure CLI (optional)
Lab: Manage Azure resources by Using Azure Portal
- Virtual Networks
- Network Security groups
- Azure Firewall
- Azure DNS
Lab: Implement Virtual Networking
- VNet Peering
- VPN Gateway Connections
- ExpressRoute and Virtual WAN
Lab: Implement Intersite Connectivity
- Network Routing and Endpoints
- Azure Load Balancer
- Azure Application Gateway
Lab: Implement Traffic Management
- Storage Accounts
- Blob Storage
- Storage Security
- Azure Files and File Sync
- Managing Storage
Lab: Manage Azure Storage
- Virtual Machine Planning
- Creating Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machine Availability
- Virtual Machine Extensions
Lab: Manage virtual machines
- Azure App Service Plans
- Azure App Service
- Container Services
- Azure Kubernetes Service
Lab: Implement Web Apps
Lab: Implement Azure Kubernetes Service
Lab: Implement Azure Container Instances
- File and Folder Backups
- Virtual Machine Backups
Lab: Implement Data Protection
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Alerts
- Log Analytics
- Network Watcher
Lab: Implement Monitoring