20703-1 Administering System Center Configuration Manager
This 5-day course describes how to use Configuration Manager and its associated site systems to efficiently manage network resources.
This 5-day course describes how to use Configuration Manager and its associated site systems to efficiently manage network resources. In this course, you will learn day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage applications, client health, hardware and software inventory, operating system deployment, and software updates by using Configuration Manager. You also will learn how to optimize System Center Endpoint Protection, manage compliance, and create management queries and reports. Additionally, this course, in conjunction with Microsoft Official Course 20703-2, helps certification candidates prepare for Exam 70-703: Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration.
Participants who wish to take up this course should meet the following prerequisites:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of public key infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses or by obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills through hands-on activities;
Who Should Attend?
This course is for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). These EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses, or intends to use, the latest release of Configuration Manager to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications.
This course also is for individuals who are interested in taking Exam 70-703: Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration. Courses 20703-1 and 20703-2 or equivalent knowledge and skills, are necessary to prepare for this exam.
- Overview of systems management by using enterprise management solutions
- Overview of the Configuration Manager architecture
- Overview of the Configuration Manager administrative tools
- Tools for monitoring and troubleshooting a Configuration Manager site
Lab: Exploring the Configuration Manager tools
- Introduction to queries
- Configuring Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Lab: Creating and running queries Configuring boundaries and resource discovery
Lab: Configuring SSRS
- Configuring site boundaries and boundary groups
- Configuring resource discovery
- Configuring the Exchange Server Connector for mobile device management
- Configuring user and device collections
Lab: Configuring boundaries and resource discovery
Lab: Configuring user and device collections
- Overview of the Configuration Manager client
- Deploying the Configuration Manager client
- Configuring and monitoring client status
- Managing client settings in Configuration Manager
Lab: Deploying the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager client software
Lab: Configuring and monitoring client status
Lab: Managing client settings
- Overview of inventory collection
- Configuring hardware and software inventory
- Managing inventory collection
- Configuring software metering
- Configuring and managing Asset Intelligence
Lab: Configuring and managing inventory collection
Lab: Configuring software metering
Lab: Configuring and managing Asset Intelligence
- Overview of application management
- Creating applications
- Deploying applications
- Managing applications
- Deploying virtual applications by using System Center Configuration Manager (Optional)
- Deploying and managing Windows Store apps
Lab: Creating and deploying applications
Lab: Managing application supersedence and removal
Lab: Deploying virtual applications by using Configuration Manager (Optional)
Lab: Using Configuration Manager to deploy Windows Store apps
- The software updates process
- Preparing a Configuration Manager site for software updates
- Managing software updates
- Configuring automatic deployment rules
- Monitoring and troubleshooting software updates
Lab: Configuring the site for software updates
Lab: Deploying and managing software updates
- Overview of Endpoint Protection in Configuration Manager
- Configuring, deploying, and monitoring Endpoint Protection policies
Lab: Implementing Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection
- Overview of Compliance Settings
- Configuring compliance settings
- Viewing compliance results
- Managing resource and data access
Lab: Managing compliance settings
- An overview of operating system deployment
- Preparing a site for operating system deployment
- Deploying an operating system
- Managing Windows as a service
Lab: Preparing the site for operating system deployment
Lab: Deploying operating -system images for bare-metal installations
- Configuring role-based administration
- Configuring Remote Tools
- Overview of Configuration Manager site maintenance
- Backing up and recovering a Configuration Manager site
Lab: Configuring role-based administration
Lab: Configuring Remote Tools
Lab: Maintaining a Configuration Manager site