This 5-day course targets the needs of IT professionals who take part in evaluating, planning, deploying, and operating Office 365 services, including its identities, dependencies, requirements, and supporting technologies. This course focuses on skills required to set up an Office 365 tenant, including federation with existing user identities, and skills required to sustain an Office 365 tenant and its users.
Participants who wish to take up 20347: Enabling and Managing Office 365 should meet the following prerequisites:
- A minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- A minimum of one year of experience working in AD DS.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with name resolution, including DNS.
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell. Experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or later, Lync Server 2013 or Skype for Business Server 2012, and SharePoint Server 2013 or later is beneficial but not required.
Who Should Attend?
- Overview of Office 365
- Provisioning an Office 365 tenant
- Planning a pilot deployment
- Managing user accounts and licenses
- Managing passwords and authentication
- Managing security groups in Office 365
- Managing Office 365 users and groups with Windows PowerShell
- Configuring administrative access
- Planning for Office 365 clients
- Planning connectivity for Office 365 clients
- Configuring connectivity for Office 365 clients
- Planning and preparing for directory synchronization
- Implementing directory synchronization by using Azure AD Connect
- Managing Office 365 identities with directory synchronization
- Overview of Office 365 ProPlus
- Planning and managing user-driven Office 365 ProPlus deployments
- Planning and managing centralized deployments of Office 365 ProPlus
- Office telemetry and reporting
- Overview of Exchange Online
- Managing Exchange Online recipients
- Planning and configuring Exchange Online permissions
- Planning and configuring email flow in Office 365
- Planning and configuring email protection in Office 365
- Planning and configuring client access policies
- Migrating to Exchange Online
Lab: Configuring message transport in Exchange Online
Lab: Configuring email protection and client policies
- Planning and configuring Skype for Business Online service settings
- Configuring Skype for Business Online users and client connectivity
- Planning voice integration with Skype for Business Online
- Configuring SharePoint Online services
- Planning and configuring SharePoint site collections
- Planning and configuring external user sharing
- Planning and managing Yammer Enterprise
- Planning and configuring OneDrive for Business
- Configuring Office 365 groups and Microsoft Teams
- Overview of the compliance features in Office 365
- Planning and configuring Azure Rights Management in Office 365
- Managing the compliance features in Office 365
- Troubleshooting Office 365
- Monitoring Office 365 service health
Lab: Monitoring and troubleshooting Office 365
- Understanding identity federation
- Planning an AD FS deployment
- Deploy AD FS for identity federation with Office 365
- Planning and implementing hybrid solutions (Optional)