This 5-day course will provide participants with the key knowledge required to deploy and configure Operations Management Suite. Using hands-on labs, participants will learn the following:
- An overview of System Center 2016
- How to upgrade to System Center 2016 from System Center 2012 R2
- Integrate System Center 2016 with Operations Management Suite
- An overview of Operations Management Suite
- Base configuration and operations of Operations Management Suite
- Configuring Operations Management Suite Automation and Control
- Operating Operations Management Suite Automation and Control
- Configuring Operations Management Suite Insight and Analytics
- Operating Operations Management Suite Insight and Analytics
- Configuring Operations Management Suite Protection and Recovery
- Operating Operations Management Suite Protection and Recovery
- Configuring Operations Management Suite Security and Compliance
- Operating Operations Management Suite Security and Compliance
Before attending this course, students must have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should have:
- Completed courses 740, 741, and 742, or the equivalent
- A solid, practical understanding of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- A solid, practical understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- A solid, practical understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization fundamentals.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for service administrators, devops, and cloud architects who are interested in using Operations Management Suite to provide hybrid cloud and datacenter monitoring for their organization.
- Overview of Configuration Manager.
- Overview of Operations Manager.
- Overview of Orchestrator.
- Overview of Data Protection Manager.
- Overview of Virtual Machine Manager.
- Overview of Service Manager.
- Upgrading Configuration Manager.
- Upgrading Operations Manager.
- Upgrading Orchestrator.
- Upgrading Data Protection Manager.
- Upgrading Virtual Machine Manager.
- Upgrading Service Manager.
- Integrating OMS with Operations Manager
- Core Concepts of Managing a Hybrid Cloud.
- Overview of Operations Management Suite.
- Overview of Log Analytics.
- Overview of Solution Packs.
- Overview of OMS Licencing.
- Overview of Azure Tenants.
- Overview of Azure Subscriptions.
- Configuring the OMS Workspace using the OMS Portal.
- Configuring an OMS Workspace through an existing Azure subscription.
- Configure Connected Sources.
- Configure Data Sources.
- Configure Computer Groups.
- Configure Accounts.
- Configure Other Features.
- Configuring OMS PowerShell.
Lab: Configuring the OMS Workspace
- Overview auditing
- Understanding advanced auditing
- Configuring Windows PowerShell auditing and logging
Lesson 7: Analyzing activity with Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics feature and Operations Management Suit
- Overview of Advanced Threat Analytics
- Understanding OMS
- Overview of Guarded Fabric VMs
- Understanding shielded and encryption-supported VMs
- Using Security Compliance Manager
- Introduction to Nano Server
- Understanding containers
Lab: Using Security Compliance Manager
Lab: Deploying and Configuring Nano Server and container
- Planning and implementing encryption
- Planning and implementing BitLocker
- Introduction to FSRM
- Implementing classification management and file-management tasks
- Understanding Dynamic Access Control (DAC)
- Understanding Windows Firewall
- Software-defined distributed firewalls
- Network-related security threats and connection-security rules
- Configuring advanced DNS settings
- Examining network traffic with
- Microsoft Message Analyzer Security SMB traffic, and analyzing SMB traffic
- Overview of WSUS
- Deploying updates by using WSUS