This course provides the underlying knowledge required by all individuals who will be evaluating Microsoft Azure, regardless of whether they are an administrator, developer, or database administrator.
During this course, participants will be introduced to the principles of cloud computing and will become familiar how these principles have been implemented in Microsoft Azure. In addition, this course will take participants through the process of implementing the core Azure infrastructure, consisting of virtual networks and storage. With this foundation, participants will learn how to create the most common Azure services, including Azure virtual machines (VMs), Web Apps, and SQL Databases. The course will conclude by describing features of Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and methods of integrating it with on-premises Active Directory.
Participants who wish to take up this course should have a background in IT. In addition to their professional experience, participants should meet the following prerequisites:
- Understanding of websites
- A basic understanding of virtualization
- A basic understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, users, and domain controllers
- A basic understanding of database concepts including tables and simple queries.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for individuals who want to evaluate deploying, configuring, and administering services and using VMs using Azure, including:
- Developers who want to evaluate creating Azure solutions
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate the migration of on-premises Active Directory services and roles to the cloud
- IT professionals who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host web site and mobile app back-end services
- Database administrators who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host SQL databases
- What is cloud computing?
- What is Azure?
- Managing Azure
- Subscription management, support, and billing
Lab: Using the Azure portals
- What is Azure PowerShell
- The Azure SDK and the Azure CLI
Lab: Using Microsoft Azure management tools
- Creating and Configuring VMs
- Configure disks
Lab: Creating a VM in Azure
- Creating and configuring web apps
- Deploying and monitoring web apps
- Creating and deploying PaaS cloud services
Lab: Web Apps and cloud services
- Getting started with virtual networks
- Creating a virtual network
- Getting started with Azure Load Balancers
Lab: Create a virtual network
- Understanding cloud storage
- Create and manage storage
Lab: Configure Azure Storage
- Understanding options for relational database deployment
- Creating and connecting to Azure SQL databases
Lab: Creating a SQL Database in Azure
- Overview of Azure AD
- Manage Azure AD
Lab: Create users in Azure Active Directory tenants